We recognise the importance of our environment throughout the printing process actively working towards reducing our impact and carbon footprint. Using soya based inks, supplying recycled, FSC® and PEFC papers, using recyclable poly-film and offering an eco-print laminate. In addition to this we have two in-house baling plants, the majority of our presses have CutStar, (a variable cut-off facility minimising paper waste).
We possess ISO14001:2004 since 2007, ISO9001:2008 since 1995, PEFC since 2007, FSC since 2007.
• Replacing 6 compressors with 2 variable speed compressors reducing total energy consumption by 6% saving 209,840kg of CO2 per annum
• Forklift trucks powered by LPG gas replaced existing diesel trucks, reducing certain emissions including NOx, Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Carbon Dioxide (CO2) and fumes.
• We hold a Climate Change Agreement, met targets set with a reduction of 547.3 tonnes of carbon, 2,006 tonnes of CO2 and met a target reduction of 4.2% against our base figure.
• External lighting replaced with more efficient LED fittings, reducing consumption of energy for lights from 122,764.75kWh to 46,837.25kWh a saving of 75,927.5 kWh (65% reduction) or 39,831.5 Kg CO2 savings.
• Company commercial vehicles fitted with Euro 5 or Euro 6 engines and ECO Drive systems.
• Site inspections carried out 3 times a week, reports issued to management with propecia generic online findings used to generate environmental non-conformances.
• Annual compliance review ensuring we act in accordance with all relevant environmental legislation
• Solvent usage on presses less than 4%.
• 98.5% of all waste recycled. Achieved through implementation of waste segregation system within the factory where different streams of paper, card, plastics, wood and chemicals are collected and stored until collected by our waste partners. Paper is returned to the mills, wood is sent for chipping, plastics and card sent to recycling, chemical waste sent for recovery or utilised in a cement kiln for recovery in energy form.
• Members of Paperpak scheme – Packaging Waste Regulations meeting our obligations.
• All pallets purchased are 2nd use.
• Records kept and analysed on Energy usage, waste streams, verification of waste collections and waste carriers licences, Duty of Care visits undertaken.
• Conventional plate processors replaced with processor-less units saving 87.3% on plate chemistry (saving of 16,674ltrs of plate replenisher/developer p.a.)
• In-house barcode system allows us to track all paper usage from storage to press minimising paper waste.
• E2B Awards – Gold Award for Recycling and Silver Award for Energy improvements.
Click here to view our PEFC certificate
Click here to view our Environmental Policy 2017